Why might I need this?
You’ve decided to prepare your court application for property settlement consent orders yourself. You’d like to know where to start and what to do. Or perhaps you’re already part way there, and, like most people approaching this process without a lawyer, just a tad confused…
There is no doubt. Preparing the suite of documents required for an Application for Consent Orders, getting it properly signed and then submitting it to the court is a difficult technical feat. It’s certainly achievable but you may need some direction, support and troubleshooting along the way.
This service is a workshop for all your property settlement consent order issues and questions. We consult with you about the outcomes you seek and the special circumstances you want to provide for in the draft orders. If you are starting out, we provide direction about what family court forms are needed and the process for their completion and submission to the court. We can perform a legal check on your documentation if you have already progressed in the drafting. We can provide guidance for next-steps, suggestions for content and can troubleshoot any difficulties.
What benefits will I gain?
- Understanding about relevant legal procedure and law
- Clarity about how to address specific legal issues in the content
- Confidence in the legal technical sufficiency of your Application for property settlement Consent Orders prior to submission
- Solutions for your practical difficulties
- Suggestions for additional content
- Earlier completion and less likelihood for delay for procedural reasons at court
- A 1-hour audio-visual or audio-only consultation with a Tribe family lawyer, providing legal advice, information, coaching, planning as appropriate for your needs as you might disclose them, and what you tell us you wish to gain from the session
- A legal check of your documentation or help completing it (within the consultation)
- A checklist for completing, signing and e-filing the package of consent order documentation.
- Personalised action checklist.
- Completion of our pre-consultation Family Property Questionnaire
- Provision of your existing agreement and draft documentation prepared to date