Why might I need this?
Parenting plans and other informal parenting agreements, however flexible and useful they may be, are not legally enforceable. Buy you can make them so by asking the court to turn your agreement into parenting ‘consent orders’. But there is no way around it–preparing an Application for Consent Orders is hard. The legal documentation and process requirements are complex, and very difficult for a non-lawyer to get right.
And yet many families desperately need the firmer legal structure that consent orders provide to regulate the parenting relationship into the future. So these technical difficulties must be overcome, with minimum delay, and with maximum clarity and certainty.
We professionally prepare the entire suite of documents for your draft parenting consent order application, moving from your existing informal agreement or parenting plan as a starting point.
We identify what outcomes you seek and the special circumstances the draft orders should provide for. Outside consultation, we prepare and send two versions of the draft orders, taking account of your comments in-between.
This legal service product is for ‘documentation’ rather than legal advisory services about the content of your parenting arrangements (for this, please see LSP06 Parenting Agreements Advisory Clinic). You will need to provide written details of a basic informal parenting agreement prior to consultation.
What benefits will I gain?
- No need to battle with the legal technicalities of consent order process and preparation
- Less delay: apply to the court while your former partner remains committed to agreement (this could change…)
- Confidence that the content of the parenting agreement is expressed in clear, legal terms in the draft orders and is sufficiently comprehensive and consistent with the law to pass review at court
- Suggestions for additional best-practice content to enhance the long-term sustainability of your parenting agreement
- Technically compliant documentation ready to sign and file
- A one-hour audio-visual or audio-only consultation with a Tribe family lawyer
- In-clinic review of your basic parenting agreement
- Drafting of a fully customised suite of draft documentation for an Application for Consent Orders, and all ancillary documents
- Review of one set of your written comments, suggested amendments and additions
- Provision of a second and final draft
- Checklist for signing
- Checklist for e-filing
- Completion of our pre-consultation Parenting Questionnaire
- Provide supporting documentation as requested
- Provide feedback on the first draft of the documentation